Film, Photography & Location Services
Filming 'Caught in Flight' at Oxford Airport
Filming & Photo Shoot Location Services at Oxford Airport
Actress Naomi Watts, playing Princess Diana
With Oxford City being the most filmed UK city outside of London, Oxford County Council and Oxford City Council have a dedicated film office. Geron Swann, Oxford’s Film Officer, can be contacted on 01865 244 274
and can advise on a whole variety of locations within the county to enhance productivity for any filming projects. From the grandest of palaces (Blenheim 1 mile from the airport) to disused quarries (used in several Bond films) and Oxford’s myriad college buildings like Christchurch (Harry Potter), Oxfordshire almost has it all.
Oxford's University buildings feature prominently in numerous productions and for the use of those, there is a dedicated contact within the University:
University of Oxford, Film and Television Coordinator
Media Production Unit,
5 Worcester Street,
Oxford, OX1 2BX
Tel: 01865 289 982
Fax: 01865 289 981
Mobile: 07764 606 675
In the case of Oxford Airport, we offer:
- Only 1 hour from London or Birmingham with excellent access via M40/A34/A44 closer to main UK production and creative studios resources
- Quiet, unconstrained airport environment with flexible access for shoots using aircraft up to Airbus A319/737 size
- Permitted airside access under supervision, including aircraft apron (and in certain cases) the taxiways and runway
- Ability to provide very discrete and secure environment for VIPs/celebrities/actors retaining maximum anonymity
- Catering on-site/in-house for any group size and customised to budgetary requirement
- A range of hangars from 8,000 sq.ft to 21,000 sq.ft. and 14m clear height for aircraft (indeed anything) up to Airbus A319/737 size
- A brand new, modern executive/VIP terminal facility with choice of segregated and secure zones
- Assorted, classroom and lecture theatre environments for up to 155 people
- Home-based aircraft from light general aviation, larger executive jets, helicopters and vintage/WWII
- Chauffeur-drive and luxury vehicle partners providing ground transport solutions and feature background vehicles. Local suppliers for most supercars and vintage vehicles.
- Bespoke local hotel partners offering discrete and secure accommodation options for TV crews, celebrities and VIPs alike plus on-site accommodation from just £32/night
Oxford Airport has hosted numerous magazine and lifestyle-related photo shoots, in particular utilising the backdrop of executive aircraft or helicopters for fashion magazines including GQ along with images for corporate brochures.
Film and TV credits include several movies, documentaries, crime dramas and entertainment shows from Midsomer Murders and Phillip Pullman’s The Butterfly Tattoo, to the Girls Aloud ITV Christmas special. ITV have used Oxford Airport as a preferred filming location for several productions including ITV Tonight and the opening sequences for the X-Factor. Living TV films their series Four Weddings at the airport, whilst the BBC commissioned a piece filmed here for The One Show. Part of the film documentary Yesterday We Were in America, the story of Alcock and Brown’s transatlantic crossing using a Vickers Vimmy was shot at Oxford using a full scale flying replica from the Brooklands Museum. Recent pop videos include Young Don and local film director, Vicky Jewson (Lady Godiva) has been here for sequences in her new film, Born of War. Most recently, we saw several sequences filmed at the airport for the forthcoming Princess Diana film, Caught in Flight.
The airport environment at Oxford and the flexible approach by the management allows for ease of filming at a fully licensed, commercial airport without some of the constraints one would find at alternatives and usually at lower costs.
Please follow the link to view our Filming and photography policy: - PDF ONLY.
Should you wish to enquire about filming or photography at London Oxford Airport, Please follow the link to our filming and photography policy request form: - PDF and WORD.
For further details, contact Laura Conaty - Senior Customer Services Representative on 01865 290 600 / email@example.com